Looking for a quick and easy way to cook frozen breaded fish in your air fryer that's healthy and delicious? Well, you've come to the right place!
In this guide, we'll show you how to take frozen breaded fish fillets and turn them into a crispy, flaky and tasty meal in no time. Let's begin:[adinserter block="2"]
What you'll need:
- Frozen breaded fish fillets
- Preheat your air fryer to 200°C or 390°F.
- Arrange the frozen breaded fish fillets in the air fryer basket.
- Cook the fish fillets for 7 minutes at 200°C.
- After 7 minutes, remove the fry basket and flip the fish.
- Cook again for another 7 minutes at 200 °C.
- Check if the fish is thoroughly cooked by ensuring it's flaky and has reached an internal temperature of 70°C.
Tips and considerations
Here are some tips and considerations when cooking frozen breaded fish in an air fryer:
- Do not thaw the fish before air frying. The beauty of using an air fryer is that you can cook frozen food directly.
- Depending on the thickness of your fish fillets, you may need to adjust the cooking time. Thicker fillets will require more time while thinner ones will cook faster.
- If you want a crispy and golden exterior, lightly spray the fish with olive oil before air frying.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket. This will result in uneven cooking.
- Always use a thermometer to check the internal temperature of the fish to ensure it's fully cooked.
Here are some serving suggestions for your breaded fish:
- Fish and chips: An age-old favourite. Serve your breaded fish with a side of golden, crispy fries. The soft inside and crunchy outside of the fries make them a perfect partner for your breaded fish.
- Lemon and tartar sauce: A classic pair for breaded fish. The tartar sauce's creaminess balances out the crispy fish, while the lemon adds a burst of freshness. Squeeze a lemon wedge over your fish before you take a bite and dip it in tartar sauce for a delicious combination.
- Fish tacos: Add your breaded fish to a soft taco shell, adorned with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and a drizzle of creamy sauce. This transforms your breaded fish into a hearty meal that offers a variety of textures and flavours.
- Fish burger: Place your breaded fish between two buns, add some lettuce, tomatoes, and a tangy sauce. This makes for a delicious and filling fish burger that's a fun twist on the traditional beef version.
- Fish salad: If you're looking for a lighter option, serve your breaded fish atop a bed of mixed greens tossed with a light vinaigrette. The contrast between the warm, crispy fish and the cool, crisp salad is delightfully satisfying.
Should I thaw frozen breaded fish before cooking in an air fryer?
No, you can cook frozen breaded fish directly in the air fryer.
Can I cook different types of frozen breaded fish in an air fryer?
Yes, from cod to haddock, you can cook any type of breaded fish in an air fryer.
Do I need to add oil?
No, the air fryer uses hot air to cook the food, so there is no need for additional oil.
How long to cook frozen breaded fish in an air fryer?
It typically takes about 14-15 minutes to cook frozen breaded fish in an air fryer.
Do I need to preheat my air fryer?
Yes, preheating your air fryer ensures even cooking of the fish.
What temperature should the fish reach to be fully cooked?
The fish should reach an internal temperature of 70°C to be fully cooked.
There you have it - perfectly cooked, crispy and delicious breaded fish made in an air fryer. Give it a try and let us know how yours comes out!